ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR DOCTORATE PROGRAMSPosted: 2021-07-12 03:18:39
1. An applicant for admission for a Doctorate degree must be a holder of a Master’s degree or its equivalent from any recognized academic institution.
2. An applicant must submit to the Graduate School the following documents upon enrolment:
- one certified photocopy of Transcript of Records in the Master’s Degree
- honorable dismissal
- photocopy of PSA Birth Certificate
- photocopy of Marriage Contract (for married women only)
- two recent 2 x 2 colored photographs (identical)
3. Must pass the oral interview and admission test
4. For Ph.D. applicants with non- thesal Master’s Degree, the following are the requirements:
- He/She must enroll residency courses of 12 units (3 core courses, 1 major course) for two (2) semesters of the Master’s Program equivalent to the PhD/doctorate program intended.
- Out of the 12 units to be enrolled, 9 units will be taken for the First Semester covering subject loads of 2 core courses and 1 major course.
- While during the Second Semester, a 3-unit core course on Methods of Research will be enrolled. At this time, he/she is expected to have an output of a research proposal at the end of the semester and must pass the pre-oral defense.
- For his/her final semester, enrolment on Thesis Writing (6 units) is needed for the research conduct and must pass thesis final defense.
- He/she is required to comply and submit the hardbound copies of his/her master’s thesis before admission to the PhD/doctorate program.