The general mandate of Central Philippines State University as indicated in Section 2 of the Republic Act No. 10228 states that “ The University shall primarily provide advanced education, higher Technological professional instruction and training in agriculture/fisheries, animal science, forestry, education, computer studies, engineering, arts and sciences and other relevant field of study. It shall also promote and undertake research, extension services and provide progressive leadership in its area of specialization”.
As stated in Section 3 of RA 10228 provides curricular offerings of the university, to wit: “The University shall offer undergraduate and graduate studies in the fields of agriculture/fisheries, animal science, forestry, education, computer studies, engineering, arts and sciences, short-term technical or diploma courses in agriculture technology and other degrees within in areas of specialization and accordance to its capabilities, as the Board of Regents may deem as necessary to carry out its objectives and in order to meet the needs of the Province of Negros Occidental and Region VI”
In addition to this, the law provides that “The University shall maintain and operate a reasonably-sized laboratory school, under its College of Education in the main campus.”
Decent, affordable education for sustainable productivity and global competitiveness under an atmosphere of academic freedom.
Provide quality research, instruction, production and extension programs responsive to the local and global challenges and demands.
CPSU as a center of excellence attuned to global diversity.
CPSU as a functional higher learning institution leading in local and global development through instruction, research, extension, and production with an effective and efficient frontline services.
1. Offer quality and relevant undergraduate degree and technical education programs and related courses technical education programs and related courses in agricultural and forestry through the utilization of appropriate information and technology and other innovations in agriculture.
2. Undertake extension programs and services that facilitate the faster transfer of agricultural technology, foster leadership and promote self-reliance among the less privileged but mentally fit in the countryside.
3. Conduct researches to support instruction, extension and production endeavors, create new knowledge and enhance the quality of life of the marginalized sector.
4. Strengthen programs in forestry, agribusiness, crop and animal productions in order to equip students with competencies, values and skills, vital in a constantly changing environment.
5. Continue establishing linkages with local, national and international agencies to support the four main functions of the University.
6. Teach and implement the lasting values of organic agriculture through the symbolic relationship of farm livestock and crops.